Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Death to all flight sims except P3D?

With a recent announcement from the FSDT website, it seems that the big boys of scenery design are putting all their eggs in one basket, and are starting the revolution to kill FSX and any other FS with the exception of P3Dv4. I understand from a design perspective that this makes things easier on them, but this really places a big hurt on the FS community (which is the community that supports them - just in case they are forgetting about who is buying there products).



I personally am placing a hold on all FS purchases at this time in order for the bugs to be worked out of v4. I believe that 64 bit is the future of FS, but I dont think that it has been around long enough to think it is the saving grace of  FS.

I also believe that with Dovetail's World, Xplane, P3D it forces the developers to keep stepping up their game to keep their products wanted and relevant to what the market demands.

Plus, does this mean that P3D & LM are going to change the EULA and officially become a product that is available to anyone, and not just student pilots and up?

OK, I said I wasn't going to do the whole BS thing with this blog, but I had to get this off my chest.

Anyway, here is the link to the FSDT post.

No comments:

Post a Comment